Monday, April 28, 2014

Finding JOY in the ordinary

Hello dear! I'm still taking a little break to enjoy some little snuggles and maybe a nap with my new babe. In the meantime, I've asked a few bloggers to share how they find JOY in their every day life. They are amazing and I hope we can all apply their tips to our lives! I'll be back soon with an overload of baby photos. Until then, enJOY! xoxo ~Lis 

Hey y'all my name is Paige and I blog over at Moments for the Journey. I am a born and raised Southern girl currently living in Ogden, Utah with my hubby. When Lis asked me to guest post for her I was thrilled, and I am so excited to be here with all of you - her lovely readers!
Find joy in the ordinary

Do you ever feel like your life is too boring - too ordinary?

I know that I have. I have the tendency to look at my life and see all of the things that aren't "just right" or super exciting. I see the unfinished kitchen in my house that has been unfinished for over 3 years. I see the constant dust on my furniture that appears two seconds after I dust. I see the old decor of my home that looks nothing like the beautiful homes on Pinterest. I see my normal daily routine of work, home, clean, and sleep. And I see the typical night at home with my husband that is boring and ordinary.

Here's the thing, if I based my joy off of the way I negatively view these ordinary aspects of my life I would be an extremely unhappy person all of the time.

So instead I have chosen to find joy in the ordinary moments of my day. Instead of thinking "Ugh I hate this kitchen. It's so ugly." Every time I walk in it I find joy in the fact that the kitchen, although unfinished, looks ten times better than the disaster it was when the hubby and I bought the house. Instead of seeing my daily routine as boring, I intentionally look for moments - big and small - that make me smile. Instead of thinking that my evening in with my husband is boring, I take pleasure in just being with him.

 God blesses my life in so many ways; He gives me so many ordinary moments take joy in. The older I get the more I realize that true joy does not come from things. True joy comes from God. Psalm 16:11 says, "You make known to me the path of life; in your presence there is fullness of joy; at your right hand are pleasures forevermore."

God is the source of true - real - joy.
Do you struggle with finding joy in the ordinary?
BloglovinTwitterFacebookInstagramPinterestEmail

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...