Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Every Mother Counts


He made me a mother. Not in the way I planned, not in the way I expected. In fact, not even in a way the doctor had expected. But he still made me a mother. They said he was supposed to be born on April 4th or April 6th, it ended up being the 5th. They said he would be too small and have no problem coming out. He ended up being too big (8 pounds, 5 ounces!) and requiring an emergency C-section. But no matter how you look at it and how many twists and turns we went through to get him here, he made me a mother. I will forever love my Henry and he will always be my son.



Did you know that one woman dies every two minutes from complications during pregnancy and childbirth? Go here to find out more about how to make a difference. We couldn't have made it without the amazing team of health care professionals who helped bring Henry into the world.

Alt Summit believes every mother counts. It's the month to celebrate mamas!

xoxo

1 comment:

  1. What a lucky little man to have such an amazingly beautiful and strong mama!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...