Monday, February 3, 2014

One Little Word for 2014



January was one of the hardest months of my life. I chose my one little word long before it was the New Year and wanted to have a goal to become stronger. 

While I am so excited that this is year that Little Man will be born, the last few months of pregnancy have really hit home. Nonstop nausea, long hours of sleep, exhaustion, bouts of depression, meltdowns, blood tests, endless doctor visits, it has been extremely hard. I've learned that I have to take care of me and then let everything else practically fall by the wayside. 

It hasn't been easy. Especially when I'm used to being the one who takes care of everyone else. Especially my husband and the cleaning of our apartment.

But I'm slowly learning how to pull myself back up, how to live with the pain and to do what I can. (Someone lied to me by saying that the first trimester is the worst, it's the third for me). Thank goodness, this is only temporarily and that April will hopefully be here before I know it.

As always, what I've learned from the past, there is still joy in everything

January was the month with the ER visit.

A well deserved cupcake after it.

Homemade breakfasts for dinner made by Kevin (I'm now hungry).

Crazy snow days but thankful that Kevin was able to stay home and
walk with me in the sun.

A favorite brunch place with lots of light and green on that snowy day.

Warm cereal and homemade mushroom soup. You can't beat it.

The smile from this guy at brunch because he's starting to hear back from Grad Schools. I'm so proud of him (even if it means two moves with a new baby 
in one year, wish me luck!).

Also, the month of the a fire in our building. It was oh so cold, outside. Thankful for firemen who answer the call and made sure that we were safe. It reminded me to remember what matters most. I have to say that it did spark anxiety for this future mama.

Restaurant Week at The Melting Pot (and I'm still hungry). A great highlight 
and oh so good.

How cold is it you might ask? Enough for the Schullykill River to freeze.

I have a long way to go to becoming strong. I met with a friend and was shocked to see how stable she was. Thank goodness I have her example to remind me what strong looks like and how to be confident. Although, for January, I learned how to be strong and it make through while being in survival mode.

What has helped you through difficult times? 

xoxo
P.S. I didn't have a word for 2013 (sigh), but here are my words from 2012 and 2011. This is the first year I've ever participated in Ali's class and I have to say, it's completely worth it! I'm thinking more about my word and how I want to grow this year, time to make something happen. 

4 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...