Thursday, August 14, 2014

Live Your Dream


Dreams are scary. They're scary because they're big and practically unattainable, or so it seems when you first start out. But I'm a dreamer and I believe that if your dreams don't scare you, they're not big enough.

This fall, I'm taking a chance on my family's dreams!

It has been the biggest adventure we've taken on yet.

We're moving to New York City! 

The city is my favorite place to escape and we're always heading there on our free weekends. I always thought it would be great to live there. I have missed living in the city and having places to walk to.

Yes, it will be quite the adjustment. 

But remember how I said I'm taking a chance for my family's dreams? Well, it's my dream to be in New York City but it's my husband's dream to get his PhD. 

Believe me, he wasn't sure about it but I urged him to at least apply. Then it was more difficult to make the call when we found out I was pregnant with Henry. Give up our steady paycheck? I look at it as an investment not only for a better job, but as a happiness investment which is worth more than any dollar amount. 

When he said that he was accepted to New York University last winter in the field he wants to study in, there was no way I could say no. Let's live both of our dreams at once!

There have definitely been roadblocks, hiccups, whatever you want to call them. As for the Jones, we're taking a chance on our dreams, working our way a step at a time! 

The biggest roadblock has been finding an apartment. (Did you know that in New York, most apartments rent out on the same day they're listed?!?) We have a detour planned of having Kevin sublet a room for a month while Henry and I head to Utah to live with family for that month. I think it will be so much easier to find a great place when in the city already! I have full confidence that Kevin will find us a wonderful home to live out dream for the next four years. 


We laugh and joke that Henry will start out having a New Yorker accent. 

Here's to knowing what your dream is and making it happen! What's your "I've always wanted to do . . . .?" There's no better time than the present! 

xoxo


(This is part of Kabbage's "Live Your Dream" Campaign. Kabbage helps small businesses get the funds they need to make their dreams come true.)

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...